Drug Information Handbook for Oncology
- Diedra L. Bragalone, PharmD, MBA, BCOP, BCPS
- ISBN: 978-1-59195-368-5
- Pages: 2446
- Edition Year: 2017 - 2018
Pre-order today! Will ship in November 2017.
The Lexicomp Drug Information Handbook for Oncology supports the needs of oncology professionals involved in prescribing, preparing, and administering therapy.
This handbook provides healthcare professionals with vital information on antineoplastic agents, ancillary medications, combination chemotherapy regimens, and dosing protocols. Oncology drug monographs contain concise fields of pharmacology detail, including a Combination Regimens field in specific monographs that provides references to applicable chemotherapy regimens.
The Special Topics section reviews cancer-related issues, such as the management of EGFR inhibitor toxicities: dermatologic, ocular, and gastrointestinal; venous thromboembolism in the cancer patient; chronic pain management (cancer); hospice (end of life) care; palliative care medicine (cancer); hematopoietic stem cell transplantation; management of infections; safe handling of hazardous drugs; and emetogenic potential of antineoplastic agents in children. The Appendix adds valuable information on conversions, renal function tests, comparative drug charts, and laboratory reference values for adults.
- 368 Drug Monographs
- 407 Chemotherapy Regimens
- 301 Variations within Regimens
- Up to 49 Fields of Information per Monograph
- More than 200 Pages of Appendix & Special Topics Information
Updates to this Edition
- 30 New Drug Monographs
- 32 New Chemotherapy Regimens
- 60 New Variations Within the Regimens
- New Monograph Field:
- Hazardous Drugs Handling Considerations
- New Special Topic:
- Opioid Conversion Table and Morphine Equivalent Dose Table
- Updated Special Topics:
- Management of Drug Extravasations
- Palliative Care Medicine (Cancer)
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation