Drug Information Handbook for Oncology
- Diedra L. Bragalone, PharmD, MBA, BCOP, BCPS
- ISBN: 978-1-59195-390-6
- Pages: 2567
- Edition Year: 2022 - 2023
The Lexicomp Drug Information Handbook for Oncology supports the needs of oncology professionals involved in prescribing, preparing, and administering therapy.
This handbook provides healthcare professionals with vital information on antineoplastic agents, ancillary medications, combination chemotherapy regimens, and dosing protocols. Oncology drug monographs contain concise fields of pharmacology detail, including a Combination Regimens field in specific monographs that provides references to applicable chemotherapy regimens.
The Special Topics section reviews cancer-related issues, such as the management of EGFR inhibitor toxicities: dermatologic, ocular, and gastrointestinal; venous thromboembolism in the cancer patient; chronic pain management (cancer); hospice (end of life) care; palliative care medicine (cancer); hematopoietic stem cell transplantation; management of infections; safe handling of hazardous drugs; and emetogenic potential of antineoplastic agents in children. The Appendix adds valuable information on conversions, renal function tests, comparative drug charts, and laboratory reference values for adults.
- 385 Drug Monographs
- 387 Chemotherapy Regimens
- 87 Variations within Regimens
- Up to 43 Fields of Information per Monograph
- More than 120 Pages of Appendix & Special Topics Information
Updates to this Edition
- 34 New Drug Monographs
- 22 New Chemotherapy Regimens
- 32 New Variations Within the Regimens
- New Monograph Fields
- Administration: Pediatric
- Updated Special Topics
- Management of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Adults
- Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Children
- Common Toxicity Criteria