The Little Dental Drug Booklet
2019 - 2020 Edition
- Peter L. Jacobsen, PhD, DDS
- ISBN: 978-1-59195-379-1
- Pages: 106
- Edition Year: 2019 - 2020
Find the drug, copy the script, done! The Little Dental Drug Booklet has been used by dentists and dental offices for over 25 years. This pocket-sized book is designed as a quick reference for the drugs most commonly used in dental practice. It includes practical, practice-oriented suggestions made by dental professionals and a section on prescription writing and prescription requirements.
Pocket booklet provides dental professionals abridged information on prescription writing, useful websites, and common abbreviations. It also covers specific medical situations and the appropriate medications to be used.
A handy Subject Index and Drug Index are provided in the Contents section to make look-up fast and easy.
The Little Dental Drug Booklet includes Canadian brand names.
Specific medical situations discussed in the booklet include:
- Anxiety Control/Anxiolysis
- Pain Management
- Bacterial, Fungal, and Viral Infections
- Oral Soft Tissue Problems
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Necrotizing Ulcerating Periodontitis
- Muscle Relaxants
- Periodontal Disease
- Salivary Hyposecretion/Salivary Hypersecretion
- Dry Socket
- Prophylactic Antibiotic Coverage
- Antiresorptive Agent-Induced (Bisphosphonate) Osteonecrosis of the Jaw (ARONJ)
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Tobacco Cessation
View instruction from our expert authors and receive CE credit from the leader in web-based dental education, DentalEDU.tv.
Click a sample page to download a PDF.