The Drug Information Handbook, 22nd Edition, continues the Lexicomp
tradition of delivering trusted, pharma-free pharmacotherapy knowledge to
healthcare professionals. This resource follows a user-friendly,
dictionary-like format, providing clinicians with fast access to clear,
concise Lexicomp drug information.
Endorsed by the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), the Drug Information Handbook is relied on daily by clinicians everywhere to improve medication safety and enhance patient care.
The Drug Information Handbook covers over 5,500 medications and features 41 new monographs and hundreds of updates to existing content. Each monograph encompasses up to 39 fields of information, including detailed content on dosage, drug interactions and adverse reactions. Supplementing the drug information is a comprehensive Appendix offering charts, tables, treatment guidelines and therapy recommendations and a Pharmacologic Category Index listing all drugs within their unique pharmacologic class.
Updates to this Edition
- 41 New Drug Monographs
- New Fields
- Usual Infusion Concentrations: Pediatric
- Usual Infusion Concentrations: Adult
- New Appendix Topics
- Topical Corticosteroids
- Injectable Agents (Non-Insulin) for Type 2 Diabetes
- Oral Anticoagulant Comparison Chart
- Oral Antidiabetic Agents Comparison Table
- Oral Antiplatelet Comparison Chart
- Antithrombotic Therapy in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation
- Treatment of Elevated INR Due to Warfarin
- Appendix Updates
- Immune Globulin Product Comparison
- Inhaled Corticosteroids
- Prevention of Infective Endocarditis
- Beers Criteria – Potentially Inappropriate Medications for Geriatrics
Click the page below to see sample content.